Friday, January 8, 2010

IF ~ Confined

Well, well, well...I've got a jump on IF today because I can't seem to get out from in front of the computer to do anything else. There's a big hunk of snow storm on the ground outside so I'm calling it my own personal "snow day."

Translation: CONFINED/Blogday/procrastinateday/doanythingtokeep fromworkingorworkingoutday.

Anyhoo...the illo above is from The Harp Mouse Chooses Her Home: The Adventure Begins, the book I illustrated and Diane E Dunn wrote. As you can see, the Harp Mouse is confined, but what you can't see is that she's confined for a very good reason. Guess you'll have to read the book for that! ...and I happen to know the very place you can get a copy of it (click on the book in the column on the right!)

Below is the cutest picture of Diane and her new adopted kitty Noodles. He's quite the handsome specimen, don't you agree? I have a thing for rescue animals.

Diane and Noodles
(how cute is that picture!)

Just Noodles

Diane and I had the best time collaborating on the Harp Mouse book. She is so fabulous to work with and we have become great friends. There are not enough nice words in the dictionary to describe her so I'll have to make some up. She's absolutely phenomenastically talentabulous. A diverstual multifaceticulated author, musician, publisher, consultant and more. You can see more about her and what she does here:



Diane and I at our latest book signing before Christmas.

I love working with her! If you can call it work, it's too much fun to be called working!

When you purchase an item from my store, 10% of your purchase price will be donated to my favorite animal charities; Last Chance Animal Rescue and Horses Haven, both in lower MI. Which charity the donation goes to, will depend on the item purchased and I will love you forever from the bottom of my little black heart. They deserve a chance too.

Grab a cup of coffee and take a long luxurious gander at my website...

ArtQwerks

13 comments:

k.h.whitaker said...

very nice, I like it! Aren't snow days great?

Cally Johnson-Isaacs said...

Aww, that's really cool! Great work :)

Anonymous said...

lovely! Thanks for your comment! :)

Krista said...

Simply wonderful! I very much enjoy "oogling the art" on your website!

Juan said...

Great work!
Have a great Year Donna!

Ginger*:) said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this illustration! Have a wonderful new year!

Amy said...

Very charming mouse. Great detail on the zipper.

Amariah said...

Perfect illustration for the topic!! Very sweet!!

Christy Croll (tiddly inks) said...

I just found your blog and I love it. :)

MrBibleHead said...

Hey Donna! Happy New Year!! Love the illustration! So wonderful and inviting. The pictures of Diane and her rescued cat are priceless! I'm getting tired of the snow already, but at least it is good for something! :o)

theartofpuro said...

The illo is great,love the colours and the mouse expression is so cute!The book must be wonderful.
Love the photo:)

Indigene said...

Wow! I love the perspective!

Angela Matteson said...

very lovely work! I look forward to checking out the finished book!