Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year 2008!

Well this is it...
The first day of the New Year just waiting for us to do something unique with it. The work here is from my "farcical folk art" series entitled "Sisters Social Sanctuary", it's kind of a collagey, mixed media-ish, conglomeration of fun stuff and a tribute to my sister that passed away from breast cancer in 2005. She'd like it, so do I...it kind of reminds me of my girls. We used to laugh and laugh over stuff like this and things only we would understand...rightfully so, that's what sisters do eh?
I'll be doing some charity auctions this year for The Breast Cancer Foundation and also some animal charities of my choice through eBay. They are authorized by Mission Fish on eBay so you know your donations (and mine) will be going to legitimate organizations. Please help me help them, watch for the little blue ribbons next to the auctions that apply in my eBay store here: http://stores.ebay.com/Donna-Pellegata-Artist-Studio_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm.

Last night was an evening in for us. The holidays provided so many get togethers it just didn't seem right to venture out to another one on such a treacherous night. The snow started around dark or a little after and there's now about eight inches or more on the ground with more expected until noon (last I heard) although it looks as though it's down to a slight seasoning of snowflakes as of now. Fine by me, I loved being home last night watching the snow fall, the ball drop, that crazy guy that jumped the length of the stadium on a motorcycle, the champagne disappear, minus the part about worrying about any offspring having to make the hazardous drive home from work...she made it...she's safe. That's all that really matters in this new year to me. That my loved ones and my friends, well everyone really, can also enjoy the beauty of the snowfall and of life, from the safety of their windows or where ever they are and that everyone has a healthy and happy year ahead...oh yeah...and world peace.


...as of 3pm there's over a
foot of snow on the ground,
more expected tonight.
(final snow total was 17inches)


This is one heel kickin' snowfall!

buddy
Does this blanket make
my butt look big?

twister
Talk to the hoof...

reilly
I've got WINGS!!!
(I can't help but notice this photo
makes Reilly look like a hawk, the
very bird that tries to EAT her on
a daily basis!)

You can see most all of my portraits in MY GALLERIES at: http://www.ebsqart.com/Artists/cmd_20424_profile_portfolio.htm or view my slide shows upper right.

No comments: