Wednesday, October 6, 2010

100 Sounds to See

100 Sounds to See, written by Marsha Engle, with photography by William Huber is to be released November 1st. Click on the book to see more about it and view the video of Marsha talking about 100 Sounds to See in the upper right hand corner.

This from HCI (the publisher):

With all the distractions that are part of our waking hours, it is no wonder that the simplest sounds of an ordinary day are overlooked and taken for granted. Sounds like the crackling of ice, raindrops on a rooftop, the rumble of an approaching storm, and even turning the page of a book are so commonplace that we seldom--if at all--take time to appreciate them. Yet, when the ability to hear these everyday sounds is taken away--as in Marsha Engle's case--we are humbly reminded of their value. As she was slowly losing her hearing, Marsha hired professional photographer William Huber to capture these ordinary sounds in stunning photographs, and they have collected them here in this unique and breathtaking book for both the hearing and hearing impaired to enjoy. 100 Sounds I Wish I Could Hear is a tribute to the beauty of hearing and a gentle reminder to the hearing world to listen to and appreciate everyday sounds.

This from me (the artist/blogger):

I have just finished the preliminary sketches for Marsha Engle's next book that I would love to tell you all about, but then I would have to kill you, as I have signed a confidentiality agreement to keep my big pie hole shut. This is the most fun I've had not talking in a long time! ;-)

who knew?

When you purchase an item from MY STORE, 10% of your purchase price will be donated to my favorite animal charities; Last Chance Animal Rescue and Horses Haven, both in lower MI. Which charity the donation goes to, will depend on the item purchased and I will love you forever from the bottom of my little black heart. ...and even if you don't purchase anything from me, you can go to their site and make a donation! These animals deserve a chance!Have a seat in the sun with a tall cold glass of something and browse through the pages of my website ArtQwerks

No comments: